Friday, June 09, 2006

but this is just the beginning, we're already wet and we're gonna go swimming...

it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it, so tell me." Kinda scary when a week into the summer I'm already quoting cheesy/kinda dirty love songs. Don't wonder about that, it's not worth it.

So summer. Gambier. Loving it--would you expect anything less? And you know, I'm not doing too bad of a job. Despite what Fred thinks. I'm on the night shift for goodness sake--it's not like I'm intentionally lazy. I mean, not most of the time.

So I've been reading The Irresistible Revolution and moving pretty slow at it for some not-quite-fathomable reason. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that while Mr. Shane Claiborne's coolness is undeniable, and his message well worth listening to--and I've been dreaming all year of picking it right up--I am still afraid. Terrified of really life. Gambier is cozy and comfortable and allows me to daydream about the PeaceCorps as much as I like without getting any mud on my face.

I guess that's what the next two years are for. No doubt I'll be so sick of it by then I'll be dying to get out and into the world...I mean, that's always how it's been before.

So why do I still doubt? Cozy and comfortable and friends who know me so well I can't hide a thing...................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home